The SRII library contains two collections: the SRII research library and the Gunnar Jarring Central Eurasia Collection. Books cannot be lent but must be directly accessed at the SRII. Digitalised books from the Eurasian collection are available through the homepage of the Gunnar Jarring Library.
The books of the research library are incorporated in the Swedish National Library catalogue LIBRIS. When you wish to check if a specific book is available in our library please do as follows:
2. Go to LIBRIS webbsök
3. Click “utökad” (in English: “extended”)
4. Type in the details of the book you are enquiring
5. In the “bibliotekskod” (in English: “library code”), write the code of the Swedish Research Institute which is Sfii
6. If the book appears, the requested item should be available at the SRII
7. Please note that recently catalogued items in the local catalogue at the SRII may not yet appear in LIBRIS.
If the literature you are searching for does not appear in LIBRIS, you are welcome to send your enquiry to the SRII staff who can help you with a local search.
The SRII library is part of the Bibliopera network of research libraries in Beyoğlu area of Istanbul, facilitating access both for SRII scholars looking for materials at nearby libraries, or for non-SRII scholars to find materials from the SRII library. To search the Bibliopera database, go to https://bibliopera.org. A guide to various archives and libraries in the rest of Istanbul can be found here
The library does not lend books.
Visitors need to schedule an appointment before.